M2M communication, short for „machine to machine communication”, is the direct and automatic exchange of data between machines and equipment without the need to involve operating personnel.
- alerts for consumption data and automatic billing
- continuous adjustment of production to meet current consumption
- better planning of maintenance made possible by real time monitoring of actual conditions
- real-time tracking of wear and tear to allow timely orders for spare parts
- fully automated communication without operating personnel